At Cobalt, we are committed to securing and protecting every person’s access to reproductive healthcare, and combating all threats to that access — now and in the future. Cobalt’s vision is for every Coloradan to be able to make any health decision that is right for them, knowing they can do so free from judgment and that any resource they may need will be available. Our abortion fund serves anyone seeking financial assistance for abortion care or practical support getting to their appointment. Our fund will support anyone seeking assistance, regardless of income or state residency status.
Summary: Cobalt Abortion Fund is seeking a passionate intake coordinator to work with clients and coordinate funding with our partner clinics. This is a full time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefit package. Evening and weekend hours are included in this position. Hybrid work options available. This position reports to the Cobalt Abortion Fund Director.
- Using a client centered lens to respond to individual requests for abortion care funding.
- Coordinating funding with partner clinic staff.
- Identifying practical support (travel assistance and meal support).
- Identifying and referring additional support needs to local agencies.
- Coordinating solidarity funding with other abortion funds.
- Utilize follow up with clients as needed and identify additional areas of support and story collecting opportunities.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to use a client centered lens when working with individuals.
- Problem solving abilities when navigating complex client situations.
- Knowledge of local support services is a plus.
- Intersectional approach when navigating unjust systems and awareness of disproportionately affected communities.
- Ability to ensure client confidentiality and appropriate use of HIPAA guidelines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Spanish or other second language speaking skills are preferred.
Salary range: $48,000 to $52,000 with employer paid health insurance, dental, vision and retirement plan. Generous time off including paid sick leave, personal time, holidays and office closure at the end of December. This position can be remote, but Colorado based candidates are preferred due to occasional in person requirements.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received before September 15th, 2023.
Cobalt is deeply committed to diversity and we encourage applications that reflect diversity in race and ethnicity, socio-economic status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious background, geography, and expertise.