Position Announcement: Partnerships Associate
Cobalt’s mission is to secure policies, structures, and attitudes that support fundamental reproductive healthcare and abortion access of everyone. We believe this can only be achieved through our commitment to developing a staff, board, and partner base that includes and foregrounds members of communities that have historically been most impacted by the oppression and inequity in American health care. We know that by centering the most marginalized in our work, we will attain a more just system for all.
- Collaborate with the Cobalt organizing, communications and policy teams, to integrate and create effective, targeted outreach that includes sharing advocacy tools and materials, identifying and presenting featured experts, developing webinars, synthesizing information and responding to partnership engagement opportunities, creating blog posts and fact sheets, assisting in delivering campaign messages, and developing campaign strategies that are tailored to Cobalt’s audience.
- Assist in the development of strategic and targeted outreach campaigns including identifying new partners and individuals, developing targeted outreach in priority regions utilizing tools for connecting and building relationships including 1:1, small group and virtual meetings, email, social media presence, and media/communications reach.
Event and meeting planning
- Participate in planning and executing a variety of events, house parties, briefings, and meetings.
- Monitor, and attend as needed, activities with a range of reproductive health rights and justice organizations, advocacy groups, and other stakeholders.
- Support scheduling, meeting coordination and planning for the director, for partnerships, program and outreach activities.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Interest in and passion for reproductive rights and justice
- Self-starter. Experience working with minimal supervision and able to perform effectively under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to organize systems and complex information.
- Ability to learn new technology systems quickly.
- Proficiency in Google Suite or EveryAction8 is a plus.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion principles into all aspects of this position.
- Ability to undertake, balance, and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and members of the public.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is August 5, 2022.
Salary range: $45,000 to $55,000 with employer paid health insurance, dental, vision and retirement plan. Generous time off including paid sick leave, personal time, holidays and office closure at the end of December.
Cobalt is deeply committed to diversity and we encourage applications that reflect diversity in age, socio-economic status, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, geography, and expertise.